21 Things I've Learned in 21 Years
YAY it’s my BIRTHDAY! I am FINALLY 21, y’all! It feels like it took forever to get here, but I guess it was only a measly 21 years. I have learned A LOT just in this past year alone, and am thankful for all the lessons that have molded me into being a better friend, partner and daughter. Last year I posted 20 things that I learnedthroughout my years, and now I’m adding to it for 21 things I’ve learned in 21 years! Hope you enjoy!1. Don’t make grand plans when traveling, go with the flow and leave the itinerary at home.
2. Matter of fact, don’t even make plans. Things aren’t going to happen nowhere near how you expected them to.
3. Don’t lose your cool. It’s better to walk away with a smile and a few kind words than it is to storm off saying something you didn’t mean.
4. DON’T STOP WORKING OUT. Even if you don’t think you need to….. you need to.
5. Turkey bacon is for chumps. Real women eat real bacon, just accept it and refer back to #4.
6. Sometimes your friends will make decisions that you don’t understand and you will find it difficult to support them. However AS a friend, that is your ONLY job…. to support them. So do it and be happy about it.
7. You’re stronger than you think.
8. Don’t lose friends over petty fights. Nobody is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. Try to understand that we’re all just trying to do our best here.
9. When you feel like something might be a red flag, chances are you have the feeling for a reason. Trust your gutand don’t let your emotions cloud your judgement.
10. The coffee doesn’t get stronger, and your nights won’t get any longer so might as well get a good sleep schedule down.
11. Remember that as you get older. so are your parents. Don’t take them for granted, not even for one day.
12. When someone asks you to “man a bottle” with them, don’t agree because it is not and was not fun.
13. Dogs are fun, but not until you have a back yard and own a home (future me please refer back to this anytime you think you can handle having a dog on your own)
14. It’s okay to let your guard down with others, but it’s not okay to let their actions completely affect your emotions.
15. Buy QUALITY clothing. It’s okay to spend $100 on a pair of jeans, because they’ll last longer compared to your 3 pairs of $30 jeans.
16. Don’t change your dreams just to include someone else.
17. If he’s the one, he will stop at nothing to get you back. So if he isn’t doing anything then take that as a cue to move on.
18. Don’t forget the “just because” texts, calls and gifts. They mean so much to others.
19. A glass of wine and good music can get you through ANY rough night.
20. Embrace your independence in every way possible, and stop apologizing for it.
21. Tradition gives people a reason not to think. So put tradition aside and think about what is best for YOU and your relationships.
So there it is, 21 things I’ve learned in 21 years! I am WAY too excited to start being a real, live grown up and shop in the WINE SECTION in the GROCERY STORE! But honestly, I’m just lucky to see another beautiful year! Thanks for reading this little blog of mine, and thanks for sticking around with me to celebrate my birthday!